Return of dross, solder ashes and spent solder in compliance with law
The disposal of waste according to existing law is an issue for every company which uses lead-free solder materials, moreover if lead containing material is in use.
According to existing law each waste producer is obliged to follow the statutory requirements as there are:
- Notify the collected wastes to the authorities in charge
- Establishing of a record book (so-called Nachweisbuch) in which all wastes for disposal will be documented
- Present documents of wastes for disposal to authority
- Apply for a transport license for each single transportation of dross, solder ash or spent solder
Stannol can take this whole procedure from you as we do have the authorisation by the district council
ECOLOGICA AND ECONOMICAL
We offer you the following possibilities of waste disposal or recycling:
- Return of the material for disposal; we issue a formal receipt; after material analysis and melting, you will receive a financial compensation, which will be calculated according to the current metal prices (LME–London Metal Exchange).
- Return of material for re-melting in customized alloy; calculation of cost for re-work minus cost of melting loss.
Certainly you can also use either the waste disposal or the re-melting if you are planning to reduce your stock, change solder baths or if you are going to shut down a solder machine.
We provides appropriate material container free of charge. Please consider that you always will have melting losses, which are depending on various criteria. Therefore the melting losses can only be determinate exactly after re-melting and analysis. To find the best solution for you, please feel free contact us.