TIN SOLDER FLOWTIN TSC0307
FLOWTIN TSC0307 (Sn99Ag0.3Cu0.7) is a lead-free, eutectic solder analogous to ISO 9453:2006 (alloy number 501) with micro-alloyed additives (<0.1%). The FLOWTIN TSC0307 alloy is manufactured from pure metals and has been developed to minimise the disadvantages of conventional lead-free tin/silver/copper alloys regarding dissolution of metals and impurities resulting from these and to guarantee a stable, lead-free soldering process.
- Good wetting characteristics
- Melting range of 217 to 226 °C
- Improved wetting characteristics, more fine-grained and smoother surface than conventional SnAgCu alloys
- Reduced dissolution rate in comparison with conventional SnAgCu alloys and as a result significantly increased service lives of the solder baths.
- Significantly lower cost than conventional solders containing silver due to a silver content of only 0.3%
The use of FLOWTIN TSC0307 as wave solder requires a solder bath temperature of approx. 225 270 °C; this alloy can also be processed at higher temperatures for selective soldering. The use of inert gas means a significant extension of the process window. The wetting of the solder is made easier and on exit from the wave, no excess solder remains attached to the components. The dross formation is also considerably minimised. FLOWTIN TSC0307 can also be used in selective soldering systems.