What started more than 5 years ago in 2015 as an idea of Fairlötet e.V., has developed into a product with high customer acceptance: A flux cored solder wire based on secondary tin, manufactured in Germany in a sustainable, fair and CO2 neutral way!
We are very pleased to announce that we have now been able to make a further payment to Atmosfair to compensate the 19,530 kg of emitted CO2 for the production of HS10 Fairlötet by participating in international CO2-reducing projects. We are continuously working on reducing the CO2 emissions of our plants. Since the beginning of 2020, the headquarters in Velbert has already been converted to power supply from renewable energies, followed by the production in Schrobenhausen in January 2021. Further projects and activities are being planned.
Today we can already celebrate several tons of manufactured solder wire HS10 Fairlötet! Therefore, we would like to thank especially all our customers who have supported this idea and have supported the success so far and will continue to do so! Only through such projects we can reduce our footprint on this planet a little bit every day.
At this point, many thanks to Fairlötet e.V. for their tireless efforts and strong commitment to fair electronics!
- Use of high purity secondary raw materials
- More than 90% of the flux in the solder wire from renewable raw materials
- Conservation of natural resources for responsible use of our environment
- Conflict-free origin
- Avoiding unfair working conditions
- Support of local NGO for fair and sustainable tin mining on-site by the FairLötet e.V. initiative to enable fairly traded tin in the future
- Alloy purity analogous to DIN EN ISO 9453:2021
- RoHs-compliant (lead-free)
- Tin-copper alloy without silver
- Stannol is certified according to the DIN EN ISO 14001 environmental management standard
Part of the proceeds from the sale of the solder wire are used to support organisations in the countries concerned and the further work of FairLötet.
Further information can be found at fairloetet.de