We are pleased that we were once again able to make an offset payment to the atmosfair initiative for the production of our HS10 Fair solder wire. In this way, we were able to compensate for the 19,530 kg of CO2 emitted during the production of HS10 Fair. The contribution supports international projects dedicated to climate protection.
The HS10 Fair is a solder wire manufactured in Germany in a sustainable, fair and CO2-neutral manner on the basis of high-purity secondary raw materials. What started in 2015 as an idea of the initiative Fairlötet e. V., has since developed into a mature product with high customer acceptance - because today we can already celebrate several tons of manufactured HS10 Fair. Parts of the proceeds from the sale of the solder wire are used to support organisations in the affected countries and the further work of Fairlötet.
The advantages of HS10 Fair
- Contains no metals from fresh mining (first smelting)
- Use of high purity secondary raw materials
- more than 90 percent of the flux in the wire is made from renewable raw materials
- natural resources are conserved - for a responsible approach to our environment
- conflict-free origin
- avoidance of unfair working conditions
- Support of local NGOs for fair tin mining and sustainable mining on site through the initiative Fairlötet e. V.
- Alloy purity analogous to DIN EN ISO 9453:2021
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
- Tin-copper alloy without silver
- Stannol is certified according to the environmental management standard ISO 14001
We are continuously working to reduce theCO2 emissions of our plants. At the beginning of 2020, for example, the headquarters in Velbert was already converted to a power supply from renewable energies, and production in Schrobenhausen followed at the beginning of 2021. Further projects and activities are being planned.